“Nothing To Hide”: Umahi Spits Fire As Reps Probe Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway Project

  • David Umahi has again cleared the air regarding the issues trailing the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway project
  • The minister of works insisted that there was nothing hidden about the project, noting, the approvals and documentation needed for the commencement of the project were obtained

TheTalk.NG journalist Esther Odili has over two years of experience covering political parties and movements.

The Minister of Works, Senator David Umahi, has said he is ready to face the House of Representatives probe over the controversy surrounding the N15tn Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway road project.

Umahi speaks on the controversial Lagos-Calabar Coastal highway projectUmahi reacts to the controversy trailing the Lagos-Calabar Coastal highway project.
Photo credit: Governor David Nweze UmahiSource: Facebook

Controversy trails Coastal Highway project

Recall that the House of Representatives on Thursday, May 9, resolved to investigate the highly-criticised newly launched inter-state highway that will link the South-West to the South-South.

Reps set up an ad hoc committee to begin extensive critical scrutinisation of the project, which is set to cost the nation four billion per kilometre.

Reacting to the development, Umahi said that he planned to ensure the probe was televised live for all Nigerians to see.

The minister also stressed that there was nothing to hide about the project. He noted that the Ministry of Works followed due process and obtained the necessary approvals and documentation for the project to commence.

Umahi made the clarification during an interview with The Punch published on Saturday, May 11.

“Umahi insists loan obtained followed due process”

The minister said that the claim that the loan obtained to complete the project did not follow due process was untrue.

“I am ready to face the National Assembly to defend the project. I will not want to say anything now till I meet with the senators and House of Reps members. It will be live so you will also hear it. It will be live so that Nigerians will see it,” he added.

FG finally begins demolition, orders closure of Lagos beach

TheTalk.NG had earlier reported that the federal government had started the demolition of buildings along the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway’s right of way despite controversies surrounding the project.

The Minister of Works, David Umahi, announced the commencement, assuring that only shanties would be affected and that compensation for affected property owners had been arranged.

Source: TheTalk.NG


#1: “Nigeria Regress”: Tinubu’s Ministers Fired, President Advised on Way Forward

APPLY HERE

#2: 1-Year-in-Office: Why Tinubu as Better as Opposition

APPLY HERE

#3: 1-Year-in-Office: PDP Chieftain Names 3 Best Performing Governors

APPLY HERE

#4: “Anybody Can Molest EFCC”: Why Tinubu Should Not Intervene in Yahaya Bello’s Case, PDP Chief Spills

APPLY HERE

#5: “Very Poor Representation”: Zamfara Rep in Trouble as Constituents Write Abbas on Plan to Recall Him

APPLY HERE

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Adblock Detected, Please disable your adblock to continue browsing this website