Kano: Fear as Death Toll Rises in Mosque Explosion, Official, Locals Speak

  • The Kano mosque explosion has recorded at least 11 persons’ lives have been buried, most of them were aged people
  • This was confirmed by locals in the area as well as the spokesperson of the police in the state, Abdullahi Kiyawa
  • The resident of Gadan, a community in Gezawa LGA of the state, expressed fear that the death toll would rise, citing the severe condition of those at the hospital

Kano – No less than 11 persons have been confirmed dead from the attack on a mosque at Gadan, a community in Gezawa Local Government Area of Kano State, according to the police and locals in the area.

The residents disclosed that 11 victims of the attack had so far been buried. Most of the victims were aged persons.

The police in Kano and people of Gadan, a community in Gezawa LGA of the state, have confirmed the death of 11 persons from the recent explosion that rocked a mosque in the area.11 die in Kano explosion
Photo Credit: @KyusufabbaSource: Twitter

How explosion rocked Kano mosque

According to Premium Times, Shafi’u Abubakar, a resident of the community, prayed at the Mosque with fuel. He locked the worshippers inside the mosque and set it ablaze. The police earlier said that Abubakar used a petrol bomb to launch the attack, but residents said no explosive device was involved.

Following the incident, one person lost his life while on admission at the Murtala Muhammad Specialists Hospital. The incident affected about 40 people, including children.

Abdullahi Kiyawa, the spokesperson of the Kano state police command, confirmed to journalists on Thursday, May 16, that 11 people died in the attack.

13 Kano mosque explosion receiving treatments

The police boss disclosed that 13 other victims were at the specialist hospital receiving treatment.

Abubakar was immediately arrested by the police soon after the incident on Wednesday, May 15.

Usaini Gumel, the Kano state commissioner of police, earlier told journalists that the 38-year-old Abubakar disclosed to investigators that the worshippers were targetted over a family dispute involving the sharing of inheritance.

Residents in the community expressed fear that there is a tendency for the casualty to rise because of the severe conditions of those at the hospital.

Source: TheTalk.NG


#1: NLC Reduces New Minimum Wage Demand to N497,000, Gives Reason

APPLY HERE

#2: Minimum Wage: NLC Rejects FG’s N54,000 Offer, Proposes New Amount to Tinubu’s Govt

APPLY HERE

#3: BREAKING: Court Grants Suspended DCP Abba Kyari Bail, Reason Emerges

APPLY HERE

#4: JUST IN: Tinubu’s Govt Bans Money Ritual, Smoking Scenes in Nollywood Films, Gives Reason

APPLY HERE

#5: JUST IN: Tragedy as Witness Slums, Dies Inside Ondo Court

APPLY HERE

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Adblock Detected, Please disable your adblock to continue browsing this website