“How 715 Terrorists Were Killed”: DHQ Shares Details

  • The Nigerian Military opened up on its operations in the month of April as it vowed to end banditry and terrorism in the county
  • The Nigerian Defence Headquarters disclosed that 715 terrorists were killed and 465 hostages were rescued last month
  • The Director, Defence Media Operation, Maj-Gen. Edward Buba, disclosed this at his biweekly media briefing on troops operational activities in the six geopolitical zones in the country

TheTalk.NG journalist Esther Odili has over two years of experience covering political parties and movements.

FCT, Abuja – The Nigerian Defence Headquarters (DHQ), said troops killed over 715 terrorists in April, while 465 kidnapped hostages were freed in the same period.

HQ Nigerian ArmyDefence Forces recover a huge cache of weapons and neutralised 715 terrorists in April. Image for illustration purpose.
Photo credit: HQ Nigerian ArmySource: Facebook

Military: “Coordinated air operations led to death of 715 terrorists

As reported by The Punch, the feat, according to the military, was achieved through coordinated ground and air operations.

The Director of Defence Media Operation, Maj-Gen Edward Buba, disclosed this during a bi-weekly media briefing in Abuja on Thursday, May 2.

According to him, operations in April included ambushes, raids, and fighting patrols, with aerial assets identifying and targeting terrorist leaders and their bases.

Buba stressed the non-negotiable defeat of terrorist groups to prevent further harm to citizens.

The Military in a post sighted by TheTalk.NG on its website on Friday, May 3, disclosed further that operation led to the arrest of 146 persons and rescue of 465 kidnapped hostages.

DHQ stressed that the troops recovered 32,971 assorted weapons and ammunitions, and 16, 121 barrels of oil during the period.

Why DHQ released 313 terrorism suspects

Meanwhile, TheTalk.NG earlier reported that the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) had said that the release of the 313 terrorism suspects to the Borno state government was on the orders of the Federal High Court, Maiduguri division.

The Director, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. Edward Buba, who made the clarification on Thursday, March 28, in Abuja, said the suspects were detained on suspicion, but no evidence was found against them at the conclusion of an investigation, Daily Trust reported.

According to him, the Federal Ministry of Justice prosecuted the cases, leading to the court’s decision for their release and subsequent handover to the Borno state government for further action.

Source: TheTalk.NG


#1: Minimum Wage: NLC Rejects FG’s N54,000 Offer, Proposes New Amount to Tinubu’s Govt

APPLY HERE

#2: BREAKING: Court Grants Suspended DCP Abba Kyari Bail, Reason Emerges

APPLY HERE

#3: JUST IN: Tinubu’s Govt Bans Money Ritual, Smoking Scenes in Nollywood Films, Gives Reason

APPLY HERE

#4: JUST IN: Tragedy as Witness Slums, Dies Inside Ondo Court

APPLY HERE

#5: BREAKING: President Tinubu Appoints New FRSC Marshal

APPLY HERE

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Adblock Detected, Please disable your adblock to continue browsing this website