“Accidental”: Soldiers Who Mistakenly Bombed 120 Civilians Found Guilty, To Face Martial Court

  • The Nigerian Military has concluded its investigation into the bombing of unarmed civilians in Kaduna state
  • The investigation has ascertained that the soldiers did strike a crowd of civilians who were mistaken for a group of terrorists
  • The soldiers will face military martial where their fate will be determined as the world watches on to see how the case will be concluded

The Nigerian Military has made it known that the investigation into the bombing of civilians has been concluded, announcing that two officers have been indicted.

The Army said the two soldiers had been established to have indeed struck a group of unarmed civilians, killing 120 people, according to Amnesty International.

Ruins of the Kaduna mistake bombingThe Army has apologised for the tragic error and noted that measures will be taken to prevent a recurrence.Source: UGC

The event occurred last year on December 3, when a group of Muslims celebrating the birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad, known as Maulud Nabiy, were mistaken by soldiers of the Nigerian military as terrorists.

The combat-trained men of the nation’s defence guard unleashed a highly precise drone strike on an unsuspecting group of northerners, killing more than a hundred and leaving many injured.

Two days after the unfortunate incident that happened in Tudun Biri village of Kaduna State, the National Emergency Management Agency announced they had buried 85 bodies.

Major VU Okoro, the General Officer Commanding 1 Division Nigerian Army, narrated that the officers were on a routine mission against the proliferating terrorists when the erroneous strike was made.

The Army has taken responsibility for the fatal action, pleading it was a mistake that would be carefully investigated.

The Director of Defence Media Operations, Edward Buba, however, shared during a press briefing at Defence Headquarters, on Thursday, April 2 that the operation should not have taken place.

He said:

“The military conducted a painstaking investigation into the accidental drone strike and has initiated disciplinary actions against troops that were indicted. Accordingly, the affected personnel are to face a court-martial for acts of omission or commission with respect to the incident.”

He unequivocally stated that the two are guilty of the action they are being accused of.

He added:

“However, it must be made clear that the incident was a mistake, as the victims of the strike were mistaken for terrorists. It is hoped that there would be no repeat of strikes on non-combatants in ongoing operations. The military will take extra precautions in the future to ensure that non-combatants are safe”

Source: TheTalk.NG


Tension as Military Grenade Explosion Kills Scavenger, Injures 3 Others In Lagos
There was pandemonium at Idi-Araba in the Mushin area of Lagos State on Thursday, April 3, 2025 A military-grade grenade exploded and killed a scavenger and injured three others in a metal scrapyard The state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, shared more details about the tragic incident TheTalk.NG journalist Adekunle Dada has over 7 ... Read more Continue reading here ▶


Breaking: Tinubu Appoints New Managing Director For Ajaokuta Steel Company
TheTalk.NG journalist Adekunle Dada has over 7 years of experience covering metro, government policy, and international FCT, Abuja – President Bola Ahmed Tinubu appointed Nasir Naeem Abdulsalam as the Managing Director of Ajaokuta Steel Company. The appointment is in accordance with the provisions of the Certain Political and Judicial Office Holders (Salaries and Allowances, etc) ... Read more Continue reading here ▶


Breaking: Anxiety As Gunmen Kidnap Top Nigerian Gov’s Aide, Details Emerge
There was tension in Ebonyi state on Thursday, April 3, 2025, as gunmen reportedly abducted Mrs. Blessing Adagba, a top aide to Governor Francis Nwifuru According to reports, the kidnappers took Adagba from her community in the early hours of the day and whisked her to an unknown destination, demanding N30 million for her release ... Read more Continue reading here ▶


Fact-check: Did Nigerian Muslims Follow Saudi to Stop Ramadan 2025 as Claimed by Mudirul Markaz?
For centuries, the Islamic calendar has relied on actual moon sightings to determine the beginning of months, particularly for significant occasions like Ramadan and Eid However, modern astronomical calculations now allow scientists, astronomers, and Islamic scholars to predict the visibility of the crescent moon The 2025 Eid-el-Fitr controversy was intensified by the claim by Sheikh ... Read more Continue reading here ▶


Tinubu’s Minister Re-opens Independence Bridge After Lagos Traffic Chaos, Video Surfaces
David Umahi, the minister of works, on Friday, April 4, reopened the Independence Bridge in Lagos after days of repair, which resulted in gridlock in the state In a video seen by TheTalk.NG, Umahi and his team reopened the road for use by Lagosians The bridge was closed earlier this week for maintenance and rehabilitation—a ... Read more Continue reading here ▶


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Adblock Detected, Please disable your adblock to continue browsing this website