“How They Murdered My Kano-Bound Passengers in Edo,” Truck Driver Speaks

  • A truck driver who survived the lynching of 16 travelers in Edo state, has refuted claims that the attack was related to a tribal clash, insisting the vigilante group should be held responsible
  • The victims, identified as hunters traveling from Port Harcourt to Kano for the Sallah celebration, were accused of being kidnappers and attacked by the vigilante group
  • The driver, who was initially detained by the police alongside two others, later discovered that the mob had brutally killed all 16 passengers

TheTalk.NG journalist Esther Odili has over two years of experience covering political parties and movements.

A truck driver who survived the lynching of 16 travellers of Kano state extraction, by a vigilante group in Uromi, Edo state, has recounted the harrowing experience, refuting claims that the incident was tribal-related.

How Kano-bound passengers were murdered in Edo, truck driver speaksTruck driver speaks on how Kano-bound passengers were murdered in Edo.
Photo credit: Legit.ngSource: Original

TheTalk.NG reported that the victims, identified as hunters traveling from Port Harcourt, Rivers State, to Kano for the Sallah celebration, were intercepted and killed by vigilantes who accused them of being kidnappers.

As reported by Daily Trust, a visit to Torankawa village in Bunkure Local Government Area of Kano state, where some of the victims hailed from, grieving relatives shared harrowing details of the victims’ last moments.

Narrating the sad ordeal, the truck driver, who pleaded anonymity in a viral video circulating online, stated that he was transporting Dangote Group’s goods to Obajana in Kogi state when he encountered the hunters at Elele, seeking a ride to the North part of the country.

“I initially refused to give them a ride because it was against my company’s policy. But after driving for about two kilometers, I felt guilty for abandoning them. After all, they are my fellow Northerners from Kano State, so I went back and picked them up,” the driver said.

Truck driver recounts Edo vigilante mob lynching of 16 travelers

Truth behind Edo state massacre unveiledTruck driver reveals truth behind Edo state massacre, explained how “it wasn’t a tribal clash.
Photo credit: Abdullahi O Haruna Haruspice (Nasarawa Mirror)Source: Facebook

According to him, the journey was peaceful until they arrived at Uromi, where they were stopped by a vigilante group.

He noted that the leader of the vigilante allegedly questioned the driver (him) about his cargo and the identity of his passengers. Despite presenting the waybill for the goods, the vigilante commander reportedly expressed suspicion about the hunters, particularly due to their weapons and dogs aboard the truck.

“He said he (Vigilante leader) didn’t trust them and demanded they come down. As soon as the crowd saw their guns and dogs, they attacked us,” the driver narrated.

“The commander told the crowd that we were kidnappers and Boko Haram, and they started beating us mercilessly.”

As reported by Leadership, the driver, alongside two others identified as Haruna, an older man, and a younger man, was reportedly handcuffed by the vigilante commander and taken to a nearby police station.

The vigilante informed the police that they had captured suspected kidnappers, leading to their immediate detention.

“By the time he went back to the scene, the mob had already killed 16 people,” the driver revealed, his voice filled with anguish.

He, however, categorically dismissed suggestions that the incident was a tribal clash.

“This was not a tribal clash. The vigilante are solely responsible for this attack. They are the ones that caused our people to be murdered in cold blood,” he emphasided.

Read more about Uromi killings in Edo state:

Uromi killings: Northern elders makes 5 key demands

Previously, TheTalk.NG reported that the Northern Elders Forum has given Governor Monday Okpebholo and Edo state 14 days to recover the bodies of the 16 travellers killed in Uromi.

Reports stated that the victims, who were hunters with Dane guns, were travelling from Port Harcourt to Kano state for Eid when they were stopped by local vigilantes, who falsely accused them and raised an alarm.

Source: TheTalk.NG


Tragedy As Pregnant Woman Allegedly Dies After Hospital Rejects Treatment over N500,000 Deposit
A pregnant woman, identified as Kemi, tragically lost her life after a private hospital allegedly refused her treatment due to her husband’s inability to deposit N500,000 for treatment Her husband, Akinbobola Folajimi, shared a heartbreaking video on social media capturing her final moments and detailing their ordeal As usual, Nigerians on social media reacted differently ... Read more Continue reading here ▶


Food Security: 5 FG’s Policies “Yielding Positive Results” as Tinubu, Kyari Get Commendation
The Good Governance Advocates of Nigeria (GGAN) has spoken on FG’s agricultural policies, hailing President Tinubu and agriculture minister Abubakar Kyari The group highlighted global collaborations and domestic initiatives, including fertilizer distribution and food aid, as crucial steps toward agricultural growth and food security GGAN also noted a significant drop in food prices—up to 70% ... Read more Continue reading here ▶


Fintiri Announces Free Dialysis in Adamawa, Purchases CT Scans for 2 Hospitals
Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri has purchased two CT scan machines, with one installed at the Specialist Hospital and the other set for the Numan General Hospital The Governor confirmed on his X handle that free dialysis treatment is ongoing, while a modern laboratory and OPD complex are set for completion Fintiri reiterated his commitment to ... Read more Continue reading here ▶


Newly Appointed NNPC CEO Mentions Two Things Many People Don’t Know About Him
The newly appointed NNPCL CEO, Engineer Bashir Bayo Ojulari, revealed his love for music and dancing, surprising many with these personal details shared in a 2017 interview His appointment follows President Tinubu’s decision to sack the previous NNPCL leadership, citing the need for enhanced operational efficiency and investor confidence Tinubu reconstituted the board under the ... Read more Continue reading here ▶


Rivers Crisis: Wike Sent Prophetic Warning on Misfortune Amid Fubara’s Suspension
Nyesom Wike, the minister of the FCT, has been warned of future health challenges and urged to prioritise his health above politics Prophet I.O. Samuel, the founder and general overseer of Shiloh Word Chapel, issued the warning to the minister while delivering a prophetic message According to the cleric, the rift between the minister and ... Read more Continue reading here ▶


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Adblock Detected, Please disable your adblock to continue browsing this website