BREAKING: Jubilation as Tinubu Gives Appointment to Major-General

  • President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment of Major-General Adamu Garba Laka as the new national coordinator of the counter-terrorism unit
  • According to a statement from the office of the presidency, General Laka will work under Nuhu Ribadu, the national security adviser
  • General Laka is said to have gathered experience from far and wide, worked at Democratic Republic of Congo and Sierra Leone under the United Nation

Aso-Rock, Abuja – President Bola Tinubu has announced the appointment of Major-General Adamu Garba Laka as the new national counter-terrorism national coordinator.

According to a statement from the office of his special adviser on media and publicity, Ajuri Ngelale, Major-General Laka, will serve at the office of the national security adviser, Nuhu Ribadu.

President Bola Tinubu has appointed Major-General Adamu Garba Laka as the new National Coordinator of the National Counter-Terrorism Centre in the office of the national security adviser, Nuhu RibaduTinubu approved the appointment of Major-General Adamu Garba Laka
Photo Credit: Bola Ahmed TinubuSource: Twitter

The statement, which was shared in a tweet by Dada Olusegun, the special adviser to the president on social media, General Laka, had served in different capacities in North-East Nigeria.

The general was said to be known for deploying tactical means to degrade the Boko Haram terrorist groups in the northeast.

Who is Major-General Adamu Garba Laka?

He had served in Sierra Leone and the Democratic Republic of Congo under the United Nations and was a team member of the Nigerian contingent in the US AFRICOM exercise in Senegal.

The statement partly read:

“He holds a Master’s Degree in National Security from the National Defence University, Pakistan, and International Affairs and Strategic Studies, Nigerian Defence Academy.”

President Tinubu was said to look forward to General Laka bringing his vast experience to play a critical role in effectively halting the security threats through proactive, pre-emptive and diligent counter-terrorism coordination.

The appointment of Major-General was announced on Tuesday, March 26, barely 24 hours after the presidency denied paying ransom for the release of the kidnapped Kaduna students.

DHQ speaks on rescue of Kaduna schoolchildren

TheTalk.NG earlier reported that the Nigerian Defence Headquarters has said it rescued 137 persons who were kidnapped at the Kuriga community in Chikun LGA of Kaduna state earlier this month.

According to the military authority, the schoolchildren who were kidnapped in Kaduna were rescued in Zamfara state.

The army maintained that the rescue operation was done in conjunction with other sister security agencies.

Source: TheTalk.NG


Assassination Allegation: Natasha Drops Fresh Challenge for Akpabio
Kogi Central Senator Natasha Akpoti Uduaghan has dared Senate President Godswill Akpabio to challenge her in court over the assassination plot allegation she made against him Natasha, in an interview, claimed that the information at her disposal indicated that the Senate president was planning to challenge the allegation in court On Tuesday, April 1, Senator ... Read more Continue reading here ▶


Natasha: INEC Sends Message to Akpabio After Failed Recall Process
Senate President Godswill Akpabio has been formally informed about the INEC decision to reject the petition seeking to recall embattled Senator Natasha Akpoti Uduaghan INEC had announced its decision to reject the petition, citing failure of the petition to meet the constitutional requirement to recall a senator Natasha, the Kogi central senator currently on a ... Read more Continue reading here ▶


Breaking: Rivers Sole Administrator Announces New 2025 Budget, Details Emerge
Vice Admiral Ibok Ete Ibas (retd.), the Sole Administrator of Rivers state, has announced preparations for the 2025 state budget He mentioned that his administration will prioritise healthcare, education, agriculture, infrastructure, and job creation Ibas spoke on Thursday when he played host to the delegation of the Rivers State National Assembly caucus, led by Senator ... Read more Continue reading here ▶


Breaking: Judge Withdraws from Natasha’s Suit Against Akpabio, Others, Reason Emerges
The Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Justice John Tsoho, has reassigned the suit filed by Sen. Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan against Godswill Akpabio to Justice Binta Nyako Justice Obiora Egwuatu, who was initially handling the case, withdrew earlier from the matter after allegations of bias were made by Senate President Akpabio, the third defendant The ... Read more Continue reading here ▶


Breaking: “Your Days Are Numbered in Politics”, Natasha Tells Akpabio, Bello, Thanks INEC
Natasha Akpoti Uduaghan, the senator representing Kogi Central senatorial district, has commended the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for rejecting her recall process from the National Assembly. The embattled lawmaker, who is currently under a six-month suspension from the Senate over a violation of rules, praised the electoral commission “for upholding justice, constitutionality and refused ... Read more Continue reading here ▶


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Adblock Detected, Please disable your adblock to continue browsing this website